4.5 billion years ago = start of Earth's solar system
About 3.8 to 4 billion years ago, Earth suffered what scientists call the "Late Heavy Bombardment": a mysterious rain of asteroids and comets that pummeled most of its surface.
The formula for a good life, he explains, is simple: abundance without attachment.
The Dalai Lama, for example, teaches that material goods themselves are not the problem. The real issue, he writes, is our delusion that "satisfaction can arise from gratify8ing the senses alone."
Collect experiences. Distrust usefulness. Know your center.
1. The Music Box Steps in Silver Lake (N Vendome St and Del Monte Dr)
2. Beachwood Canyon Stairs in Hollywood (enter near BEachwood Cafe, 2695 N Beachwood Dr)
3. Pacific Palisades Castellammare (start at Sunset Blvd and Castellammare Dr)
Yoga is about "cultivating awareness of who you are and using that knowledge to connect to the world around you."
Terms to research:
- Ahimsa -- Nonviolence "will protect us from accruing negative karma, which only further covers the self."
- Ashtanga yoga -- Yamas / Niyamas
Perennials with Drought Tolerance -- http://www.bhg.com/gardening/flowers/perennials/perennials-with-drought-...
A California-Friendly Guide to Native and Drought Tolerant Gardens -- https://www.lvmwd.com/home/showdocument?id=711